Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Smells of Superman


I must tell you about my son Tucker. He is so imaginative. Tucker loves his older brother Kevin and longs and pretends to be just like him. About two weeks ago, Tucker came in saying "Smell my Arm Pits". Whenever anyone tells you this, you want to run, unless you are a junior high boy, but as a good mother, I "pretended" to smell them. Tucker was so proud. I asked him what he did, and his reply was, "I put on my yogurt." I was quite confused until he revealed to me his brother's deodorant. Somehow in his little mind, "yogurt" and "deodorant" are very similar. This was not the end of this fascination with smelling good. Today he came in all dressed in his little Superman Undies (on backwards of course, because he cannot see the big pictures on the back if he has them on the right way- note to Fruit of the Loom). He yelled at Darren, "SuperDad", "SuperDad", until Darren recognized his new name. "Smell my armpits!" Tucker again revealed his brother's deodorant and informed SuperDad that it was his "Fresh Collection." I am not sure if he has watched too much TV or been to Bath & Body too many times. I think Tucker might have been influenced by marketing......

3 comments:

Christin said...

LOL! Just remind him of this when he's 16.;-)

Annie Els said...

He might still be doing this when he's 16. :o\

Beth Wilmot said...

Hey Nancy- it's Beth Wilmot. I got here through Todd Kuiper's blog. Good to get caught up on your life a bit! And I have to say I totally agree with you about the little boys underwear...it took me several months to convince my middle son that the picture belonged on his backside!