Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Just delicious!



Today was the first warm day of the year in Indiana. Oh, how I love warm days. My body just aches for them all winter long. My energy level seems to fall and fall until there is a ray of hope when March arrives. Then at the first warm day I have energy again. Today it was 76 degrees!! (Friday it is supposed to snow, but we won't think about that.)
You know that smell in the air when it is springtime? It is clean smelling. Candles and laundry detergents even try and immitate it. It revives you. It inspires you. I was just soaking this all up today and trying to put into words how I felt. It was like a whif from heaven.
Tucker, my youngest son age 3, came home from preschool and conveyed our feelings in the best words possible. He had not tried to write a beautiful description of the day, he just spoke from his heart. First he came in from outside and said, "Mom, it smells like a hotel outside!" Now you must understand, hotels are simply magical for Tucker. They are enchanting. Evidently Tucker has been to some very clean hotels, because some that I have been to have not smelled like today. He was thoroughly enjoying playing outside on his playset when he came back up to tell me, "Today is just delicious!"
Yes, Tucker. Today is "just delicious!"

1 comment:

Dave & Lynnette Mason said...

Sounds great... Spring is such an amazing time.. Anyways... Told Darren that I read this but never posted comments to here's a comment, hope you enjoy your spring and you all get a chance to come up to the Far East that would be amazing...

_dave