Sunday, September 11, 2005

11 months

It has been 11 months since Darren and I began the journey of Exit 59. Exit 59 is the name of the church plant that we are doing. Yes, it is not the typical name for a church, but it fits. We are at Exit 59 off of I-69 in Indiana. A bit obvious.

Church has become fun for me again. My life has changed. I used to hate church. It didn't seem to resemble the church that I read about in Acts when people were on fire for God and really loved each other. It seemed more like a social center where people were seen and were busy. Now church is real to me again.

Today was our first Sunday to have two services. It was incredible! Why does two services matter? It was just a milestone. Not that numbers really matter, but the energy there was so exciting. People were passionate and excited about the new year and what was going on.

I will remember today. It was very special. I love church again. I love doing ministry when it isn't about performance and when it isn't about me. It is all about what God is doing. This sounds clicheish, but it is true. I have really had a change of heart and am loving it! Oh, and by the way, we are teaching through the book of Acts this fall!

1 comment:

tonymyles said...

That is so cool... I heard you guys were starting up something, but it sounds like God is starting up something in you. Awesome!