Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lasso the moon

Tonight as we sat on our back porch, my little two year old son Tucker came running out, "Mommy, the moon!" "Yes, Tucker, it's pretty isn't it," I replied. This is a nightly observation that he makes. As he stood excited and amazed at the sight of the moon, I continued checking my email not thinking that anything was different tonight than any other night. His next reply made me stop typing and marvel at his amazing mind.
"I get my tractor out of the barn and get the moon down." In his tiny little mind he was sure that he could get the moon down. He continued to pull on Darren's arm and request, "I get my moon down." I am not sure how the tractor was going to help in the process, but it was really not an impossibility to him.
I pray his dreams always stay that big and that he really believes them.

1 comment:

Christin said...

Nancy, this is just adorable! And you write it so well. He sounds alot like his mom and dad.;-) You guys have always encouraged me to dream big.
Love, Christin